.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thesis & Antithesis

A critical perspective on energy, international politics & current affairs

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, D.C.

greekdefaultwatch@gmail.com Natural gas consultant by day, blogger on the Greek economy by night. Trained as an economist and political scientist. I believe in common sense and in data, and my aim is to offer insight written in language that is clear and convincing.

31 January 2006

Berlusconi abstinence

At a recent rally, Silvio Berlusconi, Italy’s PM, made a pledge to abstain from sex until the general election in April; “I will try to meet your expectations, and I promise from now on, two-and-a-half months of absolute sexual abstinence, until 9 April,” Mr. Berlusconi said.

I hope he does not ask his people to make the same sacrifice; because who knows what kind of result will spring from 50+ million Italian voters who will not have had sex for two and a half months. It could be worse that Berlusconi.

Reference:
“Berlusconi “in pre-poll sex ban’,” BBC News, 31 Jan 06 (link)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home