.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thesis & Antithesis

A critical perspective on energy, international politics & current affairs

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, D.C.

greekdefaultwatch@gmail.com Natural gas consultant by day, blogger on the Greek economy by night. Trained as an economist and political scientist. I believe in common sense and in data, and my aim is to offer insight written in language that is clear and convincing.

03 November 2005

The Blair alternative

To counterbalance the spigot of rubbish that is Jacques Chirac’s mouth (you can tell I am bitter about this man), I thought I would put up a link to a speech that Tony Blair gave to the European Parliament in June 2005. It is the most eloquent defense of Europe I have heard in a long time; and it is also a speech that was, sadly, quickly forgotten. With Germany in political turmoil, it is unfortunate that Jacques Chirac has taken up the task of speaking for Europe; if you wonder what an alternative view looks like, check out this speech.

Link: http://www.number-10.gov.uk/output/Page7714.asp

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home